Fashion Blogger Interview: Anna Brain from Oh my Blog!





Today our feautured blogger is Anna from Oh my Blog!

Hi Anna,  tell us a little bit about yourself (who you are/what you do/where you’re from, etc.).
My name is Anna Brain. I live in Moscow and for as long as I can remember I work as a socialite journalist. I actively travel and explore the world fashion industry. I write songs for popular Russian performers. I am shooting my own film project.

How would you define your style?
I cannot define my style in definite terms because it depends largely on my mood. The higher the spirits – higher the heels.

How did you find your sense of style? 
When I was twelve I saw Sex and the City television series, the episode where they were showing Carrie Bradshaw’s wardrobe, a character played by Sarah Jessica Parker. Then and there I decided two things. First, I was going to have the closet just as big and second, my style will be just as exquisite.



What inspired you to start a style blog? What motivates you to keep blogging?
My numerous formspring readers insisted on me starting a fashion blog. I obliged them and have made a right decision. Now, I am motivated by a worldwide readership base to whom I can channel my sense of style.

How did you choose the name of your blog? 
A group of friends and I sat for a brainstorm. In the process we came up with fifty possible names for the blog. The end result appealed to all for its perfect word play conveying not only the mood embedded in it, but also the variety of possible intonations with which it can be read.

What was the best comment you ever received from a reader? 
Every comment is important. Its impossible to single out the best one because when a person takes their time to write even a few words, it is especially precious.

Who/what inspires you?
I am inspired by an occasional shuffle through my wardrobe. I discover things I have long forgot about and they give me ideas of new combinations I previously hadn’t thought of.



What are your favourite pieces in your wardrobe?
I love all my shoes.

What is your top fashion tip? 
Do not be afraid to experiment with styles, colour and shape. If in doubt though, read “Oh my blog!”

What advice do you have for new bloggers or people considering starting a blog?
My advice to all bloggers is simple, be active. Update your blog as often as you can because in my opinion, this is a recipe for success.



What importance do social networks have for you?
I try not to depend o social networks too much and devote the free time to the offline world. Unfortunately, in the 21st century of high technology, it is not an easy task. 12. Your first thought in the morning? Oh my blog! 

For you, what is the world’s most fashionable city?
It’s impossible to point one city out, but in my opinion the most fashionable youth is in Europe and Hong Kong. 

How would you describe fashion in the city where you live?
Balance on the edge. 

What message do you hope to send to your readers? 
Shake that!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento