Fashion Blogger's Closet: The Style Socialite



Let's continue our journey in the Fashion Blogger's closet with Unitedstyles, the free online app that lets you design your own fashion, customize your own prints, and preview your design in 3D. Today we meet Alina of The Style Socialite.

Alina's design created with Unitedstyles, design your own fashion now!!!



Hi Alina, tell us a little bit about yourself. 

I’m a fashion blogger and social media manager. If you read my blog you might also know me as “The Style Socialite.” I’ve embarked on my fashion career 6 years ago by interning for fashion companies and magazines such as Juicy Couture, La Presse PR, Women’s Wear Daily, Members Only, and OK! Magazine. Since then I went on to becoming a freelance fashion reporter covering New York Fashion Week. Last January I was a fashion blogger for HUGO BOSS where I had a chance to report from the HUGO by HUGO BOSS fashion show during Berlin Fashion Week in Germany. My coverage was streamed live through hugoboss.com as well as Germany’s vogue.com. I was also on a few reality shows like guest starring last year on one episode of All on the Line with Joe Zee and also on the Tyra Banks show back in 2009. 

Fashion Blogger's Closet: The Style Socialite


Why did you initially decide to start a blog? 

I started my own blog because I believe my life in fashion is pretty interesting and could be of inspiration to someone else. My readers get a chance to ‘come with me’ on my fashion journey through reading my posts like attending fashion week, the most exclusive fashion party in NYC or just a review of my favorite products. My goal is to entertain and inspire my audience as they go along on my fashion journey and hopefully become their own version of a ‘style socialite.’



  What is the story behind your blog's title? 

The Style Socialite was the most befitting name to describe who I am as a person. I’m not a socialite by birth but I’m a socialite by style. I believe any woman can look like a socialite just by what she wears. My signature style as you can see from my blog header is a floppy hat with over-sized sunglasses. That look has always reminded me of a classic socialite which is the reason I decided to make it my official blog header.



If your blog had a mission statement, what would it be? 

The Style Socialite aims to inspire and entertain readers to live the life of a style socialite either by coming along on my fashion journey or taking away style inspiration from the looks that I wear. I’m also working on incorporating e-commerce into the blog which will give my readers the opportunity to look like a socialite by shopping socialite inspired looks.


How would you describe your style? 

I think I'm a mix of classic chic, vintage glamour with an undertone of dark edginess. I'm the type of person that will wear an elegant dress with a pair of spiked heels. 

Who are your favorite designers? 

Marchesa, Prete & Bruno, Christian Siriano, Farah Angsana, Christian Dior, and Alexander McQueen. 

Fashion Blogger's Closet: The Style Socialite


Who inspires your wardrobe and why? 

I’m inspired by a lot of my fellow fashion blogger friends like miriscastle.com and justlikesushi.creatorsofdesire.com. Bloggers have become the new and respected voice of fashion right now. What are the best aspects of running your own blog? What are the hardest aspects? The best aspect for me has always been the positive feedback that I get from blog’s fans and followers that I acquire each day on my Facebook fan page as well as my Twitter. The hardest I guess is keeping up with posting! My day is usually packed with work and events so it’s sometimes hard to sit down and write as much as I would like to. My dream and (goal) is to concentrate on my blog full-time.



Where are your favorite places to shop? 

Vintage shops, H&M, Forever 21, Lord & Taylor and Macy’s to name a few. I wore a red faux fur INC coat (from Macy’s) over a long off-white H&M dress to New York Fashion Week this season and I can’t tell you how much press I’ve received for this outfit! I was featured on all the best style sites and blogs like stylescaster.com. It was one of my favorite socialite inspired looks to wear and the whole outfit was under $200!


Are there any trends you are particularly inspired by this season? 

I’m in love with bright colored sheer maxi skirts for Spring/Summer. Wedges are also great as you get both the height of a heel and yet the comfort of a flat. 

What clothing item would you say is timeless? 

The little black dress will never go out of style!


Keep in touch with Alina:
The Style Socialite
Facebook
Twitter

2 commenti:

In Front Row Style ha detto...

I love your blog and your style!!
I'm following you!!
infrontrowstyle.blogspot.com

Unknown ha detto...

I love your blog and your!!
I'm following you!! evans clothing voucher codes

Posta un commento